Due to Covid-19, the studio will be implementing new measures to ensure the maximum care for all parties attending photo sessions. Please take a moment to read the guidelines below to learn more.
January 1st, 2022 update
We are currently open for business for socially distanced photography sessions in studio or outdoors. We are not currently available for sessions in home or in indoor public spaces. Gathering limits of 10 people are in place under the Health Protection Act Order. Posed newborn photography sessions are not currently permitted due to the close contact required between babies and photographer. This means no newborn wraps, props, or posed newborn photography. Parents can hold baby during photography sessions, and will have access to hats, outfits, and headbands in the studio. All clients must answer Covid screening questions the day before any in person interactions with photographer, and if anyone in the client's or photographer's family have Covid symptoms, the appointment will be cancelled and rebooked for a later date.
May 31st, 2021 update
We are pleased to announce reopening to socially distanced sessions outdoors and in studio, beginning June 7th, 2021. Phase one of the public health guidelines allow retail businesses to operate at 25% capacity with social distancing. Clients may remove their mask for photos, but when are not actively being photographed, must remain masked. Newborn sessions are not currently allowed under Phase one restrictions due to the close contact required between newborns and the photographer. It is anticipated that Phase two will allow for newborn photography sessions when "personal services" are again allowable.
April 27th, 2021 update
Due to public health guidelines requiring retail stores to close for in-person service (unless those stores provide essential services) we will remain closed until further notice.
April 24th, 2021 update
Due to Nova Scotia Health's updated guidelines, we will be accepting socially distanced sessions only.
This means no posed newborn sessions, but lifestyle sessions in studio are still an option. There will be no direct contact of any kind between clients and photographer until further notice. Other session types including maternity photography, child photography, family photography, and headshot photography may take place in studio or outdoors with social distance.
We will re-evaluate when NS Health confirms it's safe to relax restrictions.
• All props will be washed with warm water and soap, and / or steamed if washing is not possible.
• Sessions will be scheduled at least 24 hours apart to allow adequate time for cleaning.
• Photographer will wear a mask during all in-person client interactions.
• Clients will cancel their appointment within 24hrs if they or anyone in their household are experiencing any of these symptoms: Fever, cough, dizziness, lack of taste/smell, fatigue (not from lack of sleep).
Until further notice:
• In-person meetings and reveal and ordering appointments will happen by video conference.
• Sessions may take place outdoors or in studio, at client's discretion. Whenever possible, physical distance will be maintained. Some direct contact with young babies is necessary, but photographer will wear a mask, wash hands before handling baby, and have hand sanitizer on hand.
• Only immediate family members may attend sessions in studio, and it is recommended that older children leave the session as soon as their participation is no longer required.
• All policies are subject to change without notice based on provincial regulations and are at photographer's discretion.